Is intestine perforation possible during a cesarean delivery ?

can intestine perforation possible during Cesarean delivery
Asked On : Wed, 2 Feb 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
Intestinal peforation is highly unlikely during caesarean section as the uterus whole of the area during pregnancy and intestines are nowhere in the scene when the abdomen is opened for C- section.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
General Surgeon Dr. Azhar Khan's  Response
cases of bowel perforation were encountered in pregnant women in a community hospital. Two were associated with mechanical obstruction, and one was of unknown etiology. Displacement of abdominal contents by the gravid uterus may predispose pregnant patients to intestinal obstruction in the presence of an underlying bowel abnormality, such as adhesions or malrotation. Prompt diagnosis and appropriate therapy are necessary to avoid a fatal or a severely morbid outcome.

Dear Sir,

On 28th July 2009 My cesarean delivery held in nursing home and very next day in morning My stomach just like previous condition doctor place NG tube and some green liquid came out th. NG tube , after ten days my another operation held in other big hospital (SDMH) Jaipur they found two hole in my intestine and around 1.5 Ltr fecal Mater , i want to know is it possible during the delivery any bowl obstruction possible or by doctor's mistake it can be held at the time of delivery