Irritated Adam's apple, discomfort. Applied face cream. What is wrong?

Felt a little something on adams apple area after appling face cream to my neck . I was in a hurry and thought maybe I irritated something there., slight discomfort - I felt around the area and think I felt a very tiny something - kind of ball like, somewhat pliable. That was few months ago. No pain or swallowing problems since but still wondering if this is normal. Definitely can feel something there if I m looking for it. This may have always been there but not sure. Please advise.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013