Irregular use of birth control pills. Delayed periods. When should I take pregnancy test?

Hi. I have been using the pill for 1 and a half years now. This past month, maybe 9 days into a new packet of pills I took it 10 hours late. In two days time I had unprotected sex with my husband. Then the following week, I took the pill about 12 hours late and had unprotected sex maybe 2 or 3 days later as well. Now my period is late by 2 day and they are usually very prompt. When should I take a pregnancy test? Should I take a home test or should I go to the doctor?
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012