Irregular periods, overweight, thyroid and prolactin normal. Have PCOD. Reasons?

Hi Doctor, I am 30 years old and mother of a 2 year old child. I am about 5 kgs overweight but the BMI is normal. Since the past 4 mths my periods are either irregular or didnt come without medication. My thyroid, prolactin reports are normal, and my pelvic scan was done and no PCOD was detected and I was in fact ovulating at that time though my periods hadnt come. What could be other reasons for my periods being irregular? I am also planning a second child but not sure how to go about planning one with my irregualr cycles!
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012