Irregular periods, acne on face, weight gain. Taken steroid injections. History of Alopecia areata. PCOS symptoms?

Hi. I m 21 years old and have been experiencing irregular periods (cycle lengths all longer than 31 days; some very heavy with clots bigger than a quarter & others are light), acne (mostly on my cheeks, chin , and around my jaw line. I have very oily skin so I wash my face twice a day and use an astringent as well), body hair (not a lot but it s on my lower abdominal area) & facial hair (mostly on my chin; I was diagnosed with alopecia areata when I was 14 years old and was receiving steroid injections), & weight gain since I was about 13 (my current weight is 193lbs). It has been very hard for to to lose the weight; I did lose 14lbs but I gained it back. I have been researching my symptoms and came across PCOS. My mother had cysts on her ovaries but was never diagnosed with anything. Could the facial hair have been caused by the steroid injections I was receiving or could I possibly have PCOS or some other condition. Thank You, Britney
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012