Irregular menstruation. Advised modus 10. Spotting seen. Does tablet have side effect?

Thank you Doc. Thats kind of you. I am 52 yearsold and have been having irregular menstruation . As advised by a doc I had been taking Modus 10 3 times a day. As I have a wedding to attend on 9/12/2012 of a close family member I was asked by my doctor to stop Modus 10 as the menstruation will commence between 2-10 days and after which from the 4 thday I can continue again. I stopped Modus 10 on Nov 22nd however there is no flow except some spotting. As I am not sure I have started to take Modus 10 again. How long can I continue. Does this have any side effects ? Your guidance would be helpful my email address is YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012