Involuntary calf muscle movement, back cramps. On crampex medication. Treatment?

Hi Doc, I am a man of 55 and have suffered from muscle cramps for a long time now. I was very active as a sporting youngster and still play tennis fairly regularly and get bad cramps especially at night dispite drinking sports drinks and have always used salt on my food. Lately I am getting hip cramps at work if I sit in an awkward position or back cramps if I twist in certain directions. I have started taking CRAMPEX which helps for a day or two but is soon back even when I am relaxing on the sofa. Any help would be grateful. I also have been noticing involuntary calf muscle movement which continues when I am relaxed. Any thoughts and treatment? Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012