Intense pain, trembling lips post tightening the braces and metal plate. How can I cure this?

Hi this problem is my sister in law. She had braces a few years back n still will wear that metal plate u have to put once in a wile n I think she tighten it to much she thinks she might of affected some nerve, ever since she gets really bad pains that medication won t stop n her upper lip trembles she also has depression to the point that sometimes she don t care of being a life. Do you know what could she have? And how to treat this?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012