Intense pain and hard lump in patella post arthroscopy to cut away torn meniscus. Suggestion?

I had an arthroscopy three weeks ago to cut away a torn meniscus on the right hand side of my right knee , and have been really please with the recovery. however, I feel in the last few days I have regressed. From time to time I get really bad pain to the right of my patella and I can t walk. There is a hard lump there too which I assume is scar tissue I was doing so well I am surprised by this little set back and am not sure whether to be concerned or not
Asked On : Sun, 6 May 2012