Intense pain. Report reveals disc osteophyte, central canal stenosis, left foraminal stenosis. Advised physical therapy. Right?

My hubby has been going through this for 14 months and it is so bad that he has many times threatened to kill him self because of the pain. I watch him sleep in a recliner(only place he can get any sleep) and cry and moan all night long. This is what the report says Small amount of increased T2 in the cord focally at the C6-C7 disc space level C6-C7: Broad-Based Ventral impression on thecal sac due to Disc osteophyte complex. AP dimmension of the central canal reduced to approx. 9mm. Moderately severe LEFT Foraminal narrowing. Impression: Disc osteophyte complex producing a ventral extradural defect at c6 c7 This results in minimal central canal stenosis . But there does apeer to be a small amount of edema in cervical cord at this level. Moderately severe LEFT foraminal stenosis At C6-C7 They want him to get physical therapy and he can t hardly walk or pick anything up. Does this sound right?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013