Scan shows spondylosis, annular disc bulge. Is surgery necessary?

my impression were Sppondylosis an annular disc buldging at L5-S1 is asymmetrically worse on the right side. A right dorsolateral/foraminal disc- osteophyte complex causes mildly severe right lateral recess and neural foraminal encroachment with Mild impingement on the exiting right L5 and traversing right S1 nerve roots. No significant central canal stenosis at L5-S1 is shown. Mild L5-S1 degenerative retrolisthesis and mild Bilateral facet arthrosis are lso noted. The lateral recesses and neural foramina at L4-5 show mild to moderate encroachments secondary to spondylosis , annular disc buldging, bilateral ligamenta flava hypertrophy and bilateral facet arthrosis. The central canal at L4-5 is low normal. The neural foramina at L4-5 show mild to moderate encroachment without compressing the exiting l4 nerve root sheaths..... They want to do surgery ASAP is this ness? Thank you
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013