Infection on the toe nail after injury. Treated with dettol, peroxide and polysporin. Anything else to do?

Hi I tore back my big toe anil two nights ago. It is still attached but starting to look a little infected. I went to the doctor and they told me that night to soak it is peroxide and trim it as much as i can. It is still ozzing today. They never really told me what to do with now? I bought Dettol to soak it in I diluted it but feels like it is starting to burn? I also bought some polysporin and have been lightly wrapping it in gauze . Anything else I can do to prevent an infection? Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012