Infant with runny nose, scratchy voice and cough. What is it?

Hi, my 15 month old son has a had a little bit of a runny nose starting yesterday morning. I put him to bed after his warm bath last night and everything was fine but in the middle of the night, he woke up with a super raspy, scratchy voice. It sounds terrible, like his throat is torn to pieces.. He was coughing this croupy cough and his nose got runnier. He doesn't seem like he has a fever. Now at night he sleeps with a fan on because the room gets a little too warm. It points away from him too.. What could this be? Should I take him to his pediatrician?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013