Infant seems to slow in achieving milestones. Which specialist should be consulted?

My daughter is 12 months old, but her developmental assessment places her at 6-7 months. She can sit on her own but seems unsteady, she can crawl. She can utter sounds but cannot put two sounds together. She is adopted and we have no access to information regarding prematurity. Her height weight and head circumference was much below the lowest percentile when we adopted her at the age of 5 months, but she gradually gained and has entered the lowest percentile now. Which specialist should we consult for her.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012