Child has problem of birth asphyxia or cerebral palsy. Done blood test

my son is 1year 5 months old. having problem of birth asphyxia/cereberal palsy . doctor has advised 01 capsule ubi q 100 mg daily as his blood test report of plasma lactate was 23.0 mg/dl in comparison to normal range of (4.5 - 19.0)mg/dl.
Posted Wed, 12 Sep 2012 in Growth and Development in Children
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Birth asphyxia and cerebral palsy with coma and convulsions denotes a very difficult disease to manage and almost impossible to treat.
Ubiquinones like Co-enzyme-Q are the latest fad amongst the medical community but with doubtful reports of efficacy according to studies.
But still you can try as a desperate trial.
Higher levels of lactate are suggestive of a bit dehydrated state of the child.
These babies typically are unable to ask for feeds, even cry less to generate an indication of thirst.
You can hardly do anything except long term care, medication and physiotherapy.
I hope you would be able to manage the child.
Take Care.
Follow-up: Child has problem of birth asphyxia or cerebral palsy. Done blood test 46 hours later
sir, thanks for the reply.

but i would like to mention here that we use to give my son water periodically but he drinks water very less.

should we continue with current medications only or try for something else also.
Welcome back to Heathcare Magic Physician's Desk!
I hardly can suggest you any medicine to promise a result.
If the child has got rigid postures or seizures then you may get some benefit from medicines but there is no medicine that can improve his brain function and cognition.
I pray God to give the child an opportunity to live like a normal human being!