Infant is cranky due to ear pain, had yellow discharge a day after putting oflox drops, prescribed atek. Serious?

HI, My daughter is of 7 months old.. from over one week she was irritated just 2 days before I realised her left ear is paining. we put one ear drops named oflox.. the very next day we found a yellow discharge from her left ear. we consulted doctor he gave another ear drops named atek. Just I want to know it is just an infection or anything serious. Like there will discharge whenever she will have cold of something like that. Regards, Annie B
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012