Infant had bile and green phlegm with vomits. Diagnosed with swollen throat, viral infection. Contagious?

Hi my baby is 4 months old and brought up some milk after her feed this morning and it had what I thought was some bile and green flem. Took her to the doctors and they said her throat seemed quite swollen and prescribed amoxocillin 3 times a day, said it was a viral infection... Are they contaigous to others? I also believe she is teething as she has her hands in her mouth all the time at the moment. She seems fine in herself but her stools have become very loose, is this because of the amoxocillin and can it affect there stools that quickly? Can I also give her calpol if she becomes irritable and distressed? The doctor advised I didn t need to go back unless it got worse or she started to feel unwell but as she had no symptoms apart from that one episode this morning how will I know her throat has gone down, is there a way I can check myself?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013