Infant getting itchy reddish spots on the face. Not responding to fungal creams. How to prevent it from spreading?

My son is almost 6 months old. For about 3 to 4 months now, he has red spots on his face that look eczema like. I ve gone to our doctor twice and they say its a fungal infection . It looks really bad and because it itches my son scratches his face till the skin is watery. We currently use ezerra for his skin but docs have given anti fungal cream as well but nothing has worked so far. What else can I do to minimize the spread of the infection other than apply the creams?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013