Increased resting heartbeat after catheter ablation. What is the danger?

After my catheter ablation my resting heart beat has increased about 20 beats. It was 92 at cardio visit last week and now I measure 23 and 25 in 15 seconds. The nurse practitioner told me that it is ok for my age. (54) So, what is the danger? I am in good shape and before the ablation last July I measured between 70 and 80 bpm. When I ride my bike my rate may be up to 180 when it should be 160. (I can only assume) Is my overworked heart going to take off a few years from my life? Thank, Jeffrey
Asked On : Wed, 12 Dec 2012