Increase in sgpt level. On taking gempid, triglycerides lowered. Done lap chole due to cholesterol stones in gall bladder. Reason for sgpt raise?

hi, my sgpt level has increased from 54 to 62 and is now 74, all within last 7-8 months. i was started on gempid 600mg 1/2 a tablet about 10 months back. but my dr has also advised me to get an ultrasound of liver along with hepatitis b and c tests. why? i thought my raised sgpt is due to gempid. does gempid increase the sgpt or not? why than the other tests? also have to mention my triglycerides were 500. now it is down to 280 after starting gempid. had a lap chole done 3 years back ... cause was cholesterol stones in gall badder. what is the cause of my raised sgpt?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013