Is it safe to take Omeprazole 20 mg once daily by a person with IBS ?

Histopathology report - Specimen- liver tissue, GROSS:- Soft tissue measuring 0.5cm in diameter. MICRO:- Wedge biopsy of liver show normal architectural pattern.There is mild fatty changes with infiltration of inflammatory cells in portal tract. No evidence of malignancy seen. ALT(SGPT) -82.0U/L GALL BLADDER- Removed. LIPID PROFILE:- Total cholesterol-164.0 mg/dl,HDL-cholesterol-34.0 mg/dl,LDL-cholesterol-97.0mg/dl,Triglycerides-165.0mg/dl. Suffer IBS Taking drug Omeprazole 20 mg once daily since 2005 Please advise me am i getting right drug ? Age-50 years Sex-Male
Asked On : Sat, 18 Jun 2011