Inability to perform voluntary functions. Had bipolar disorder. What treatment now?

i need to know about my father in law whose voluntary functions he isnt able to do, he says he is not able to walk.his sugar levels were high now its under control. What further course of action should be it a neurological problem because initially with his conditions the doctor advised that he had a bipolar disease, for which he is under medication but after few days he has started showing this signs.please help me with this.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012