If the optical nerves are not completely damaged is it possible to connect the optical nerves to the optical tract to revive the sight at least partly ?

May i ask you one question? My 35 year old husband lost his sight on his right eye as the result of gun shooting through his mouth,the bullet went into his right hemisphere damaged his right eye nerves and 2 optical muscles. Now he is only left -sighted,he feels well, he can walk and has a little shaking on his left hand fingers. However ,he cant open his eyelid, can just move his right eye ,although, not very properely and his eyeball is not in the center. He is going to have a surgery on his right eye to restore the eyelid movement and to replace his eyeball to the center. I would like to know, if his optical nerves are not completely damaged,is it possible to connect his optical nerves to the optical tract to revive his sight at least partly. Thank you very much beforehand,an looking forward to your reply as soon as possible. THANKS. Sincerely, Leyla.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Mar 2011