IS 5.6 for cholesterol too much for a 40 year old ?

IS 5.6 for cholesterol too much for a 40 year old? i thought it was boderline but my GP told me it is within the normal range
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
According to the following site, 5.6 mmol/l is 'mildly high' but is about average for the normal Brit. Below 5 mmol/l is what you should be aiming for. This is the total cholesterol level. There are, of course, different ways of looking at cholesterol levels. What's important is the level of LDL 'bad' cholesterol (Low Density Lipoprotein) and HDL 'good' cholesterol (High Density Lipoprotein. You want less LDL and more HDL in your bloodstream. If you do a search for 'cholesterol levels' in any search engine you'll find multiple pages where you can find information on cholesterol, and what you can do to lower yours. Take a look at some of the following examples to get an idea of what I'm talking about. (I particularly like the offering by BUPA ... and, no, I'm not a representative of them, nor do I have any affiliation to them.)