IBS, distended gall bladder. Fluctuating bowel type, pass foul smelling gas, stomach pain. Ultrasound done. Treatment?

Hi Dr. Radha I have been told by my doctor that I had IBS . I usually pass normal stool for 4-5 days and then suddenly I pass very loose stool (not watery) the next day and again a normal stool the next day. I also pass a lot of foul smelling gas throughout the day and the intensity increases at night. My stool usually floats on water. Sometimes the color also caries from pale yellow to very light green. I usually had pain in stomach just before passing loose stool and the pain goes off after passing the stool. I had stomach ultrasound some 8 months back and it was normal with distended gall bladder . Can you please guide me for this.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012