I have swelling on foot. What is it ?

sir,i have swelling like motima by my doctors suggestion.the symtoms are oniy the foot is swelleling with out any pain swelling is smooth to touch
Asked On : Sun, 17 Jul 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You are having painless swelling of foot. Is it one right, left or both feet. When you press any depression comes. Any heart disease. Any urine problem. Any jaundice. Get your tests for kidney, liver done. Kindly provide more information that we can help you, like your age, do you drink alcohol, what tests you have done.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
This type of swelling if there is pitting on pressure is regarded as oedema. This is associated with number of conditions from heart kidney liver or even anaemia with hypoprotenemia. Diuretics are usually prescribed for this. Amongst herbs radish sugarcane juice and barley etc act as diuretic. Best get your tests done.