I have lumbar spondylosis. What can i do in my condition ?

I have pain in the left side of lumber.exray says c2,c3,c5,c6,l1,s1 are having less space.
Asked On : Mon, 6 Jun 2011
Hi,Kumud thanks for query.You have not mentioned you age.Normally with the advancement of age wear and tear happens to every body and most of the bones in body.Take calcium supplements,diet rich in vitamins and calcium.Also after advise from your doctor do regular exercise which will strengthen your muscles and help to reduce pain.bye.
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Spondylosis is a degenerative condition of the spine bones. You will need physiotherapy to get relief. Consume vitamin and mineral rich diet like well washed fresh fruits and vegetables, high proteins line pulses, cereals,. Drink plenty of water. Ask your Doctor/Physiotherapist for proper postures to avoid neck strain. Pain killers may be prescribed. Certain surgeries are also there but can be done only in selected cases. In case you experience any tingling, numbness, weakness of you arm, fingers, contact your Orthopaedician/Neurologist.
Diabetologist Dr. Sudharshan's  Response

Welcome to Healthcare magic forum,

Do u have pain in lower back which radiates to leg? do u hv pain in neck also?
Less space in spines indicates the disc bulge or prolapse which is causing the symptoms, to get clear detailed diagnosis pls get MRI scan of the spine and consult orthopedic doctor for proper treatment.
Meanwhile few advise to follow, dont ride 2 wheelers, dont life heavy weight, sleep on flat surface, no sudden bending and turning, give hot fomentation.

All the best,
Hope I have answered ur question.
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Suhani Sethi's  Response
welcome to hcm
u r beginning the onset of spondylysis in cervical and lumbar spine
even though u have pain only in the back the neck vertebrae are also affected but u r not presenting with pain now, but it can be soon
u have to be treated for both lumbar and cervical spondylysis
it is very imp to consult a physio to prevent it further
do hot fomentation to neck and back.
for lumbar sponds:
ask your physio to show u static back abs exercises
avoid bending with back rounded
while getting up from bed turn on one side and get up
if your job demands standing for long periods of time place one leg ona stool and get up
place a lumbar roll behind your back while sitting.
for cervical sponds:
neck isometric exercises
traction are useful
physio modality like TNS can give u pain relief in both the conditions
consult a physio for details of all these