I have high liver enzymes. Is it possible to get my ALT and AST levels back in the normal range again?

I recently went back to work, but during my unemployment period I abused alcohol for about 9 months. Also, I have been a binge drinker on the weekends for the last 30 years with periods of total sobriety lasting 2-3 years. Now I am 53 years old and my ALT and AST enzymes are in the low 70,s. I have cut back on my alcohol dramatically. In the past when I lowered my alcohol intake or totally quit for months, the AST and ALT went down to the normal stage. Is it possible to get my ALT and AST levels back in the normal range again?
Asked On : Fri, 24 Jun 2011