I have had problem like shortness of breath, please give me your suggestion

Hi, I am a 25 year old female. For the last months I have had problems with air getting sort of stuck in my throat or upper chest that can only released by belching. The problem is that the belches get sort of stuck - they dont come out and that causes shortness of breath. Some days its worse(the problem is persistent throughout the day and part of the night) Other days there is nothing. It is very uncomfortable and I am not sure if I should see a doctor or is it something normal that can be taken care of with home remedies.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Mar 2010