I have had both cervical & lumbar fusions & pinched nerve caused constipation for me

I have had both cervical & lumbar fusions but have stenosis above lumbar and many bone spurs and arthritic changes through out my spine. I have been doing some stretching (over ball) for the past couple of months.and find that when I do I become constipated. (4-5 days) When I stop stretching for a week my BMs return to normal. My question is from what area of the spine does control of the bowels come ? Thank you, Cherie
Asked On : Wed, 16 Feb 2011