I have had a problem with having a hard time with crying, kindly suggest

My question is quite simple, I am 54 years old, for the longest I can remember I have had a problem with having a hard time with crying. I don t consider myself a wimp, I served over 20 years in the Army, my mother passed when I was 11 and I was responsible for the majority of my growing up, my dad was military, I ve served in combat twice and was the only person who would make the call when my father was terminal in the hospital to remove him from life support. To each of these things I ve dealt with with minimal problems. However in many of the personal situations I ve found myself in I had a hard time holding back tears , same as in a emotional movie, or a situation you may find on tv where a person (etc... kidnapped and recovered, saved from sure death) would cause me to cry. I am concerned about what would cause me to cry so easily in some situations and others not respond except in the way expected. Any help would be appreciated.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Feb 2011