I have a thyroid problem. should there be other signs ?

My doctor says I have a thyroid problem, but the only symtom I have is being tired a lot of the time. should there be other signs ?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Mar 2011
  Anonymous's Response
Dear patient,
Welcome to healthcareMagic forum,
You might be having borderline hypothyroidsim and so it might have not manifested all the symptoms of hypothyroidism.Other symptoms of hypothyroidism include weight gain,puffyness of face,hoarseness of voice,loss of temperature sensation etc.

Firstly you cross check your reports with other standard lab and if that also is positive than you need mangement for hypothyroidism.

Hope this helps,

drjignesh parmar
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Manish Rijhwani's  Response
You can have weight loss/ weight gain which will be sudden /unexplained
Also you can have palpitations/ sweating in palms and soles/ Anorexia or increased appetite
you can have generalise swelling etc
You need to confirm it by getting your blood checked for T3/T4/TSH

Dr. Manish R. Rijhwani
Homeopath Dr. Rangadhar Satapathy's  Response
Greetings from health care magic
If your TSH level is higher than normal range then you have certainly hypothyroidism.It will not always to have all symptoms at the beginning but may come on progress of disease. If doubt can double check at any reputed lab for confirmation. Thank you