I have a hole in my gums like above my teeth

ok i have a hole in my gums like above my teeth in the back eft the hole is in my GUM not by my tooth o anything should i be worried or what ?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Feb 2010
  Anonymous's Response

A hole like that can lead to problems it seems. Mainly the food goes there again and again and gets stucked. So there is more chance of infection and so other complications from it. So take care of it at the right time and avoid major worries in future.

Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Manisha Rao's  Response
Hi, the hole may be a draining sinus near the root of a tooth. Please go for an X ray of the area to find out if there is an infected tooth in relation to the hole. Please go to a dentist with the x ray and go for a complete oral examination and treatment if required. Hope this helps you.Take care!