I have Dark brown spots on my face, please suggest me the remedy for it

Hi, I have very fair complexsion and I have dark brown spots on my face.My skin type is oily.So is there any way to remove these spots.Doctors advised me to protact skin from sun light but have not given any medicine to remove existing spots. I am 28 years old girl.I have oily skin and very fair complexsion.I have dark brown spots on my face from past 6-7 years. Doctors only advised me to take protection from sun light but they did not give any medicine to remove existing spots. Please let me know if there is any way to remove these spots from face.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Jan 2011