I had surgery to my done to my knee, what does my mri mean ?

I had an injury at work to my knee and my lower back. I had surgery to my done to my knee. And a mri done to my back because of large amoount of pain. My mri said: L5-S1 disc desiccation and mild disc bulge . Mild left exit narrowing with slight contact left L5 in the neuroforamen. No severe stenosis. After my mri I had a follow up. I asked my case manager about the mri she said,"Oh it's nothing, we only saw something most ordinary people have." I then saw the doctor he told me I have nothing wrong with my back it is just because I am on crutches and I had surgery on my leg making me unable to be balanced this was causing me to have pain in my lumbar area. He also said it should be resolved with a couple days physical therapy, and tens treatment. I'm 22 with no prior back injury or surgery. I found out what my mri stated because what the doctor and case manager told me didn't seem kosher, so I called the imaging place and received a copy. What is going on, and what does my mri mean ?
Asked On : Tue, 18 May 2010