I had PCOD problem and the last two cycles of IUI ended with miscarriage,I am really confused

I am 26 years old. Married for the past 4 years. We are trying to conceive for more than a year. Before 8 or 9 months we tried 3 cycles of IUI since I had PCOD problem and the last two cycles of IUI ended with miscarriage .So my doctor advised me to take a break of 6 months and put me in Metformin medication.Since then I am having irregular periods.In the mean while I also moved to another city with my family. On June 26th 2010 I went to consult to a new doctor with all my history. She had given me me prate 10 mg for 10 days , and after my cycle starts. I should have another tablet from the day 3 of my cycle to 7th day.Then another tablet from the 16th day to 26th day. I am sorry I could not remember the names of the tablet. What's your opinion about her prescription ? Am I going in the correct way? After 10 days of meprate how many I have to wait for my cycle to start? Will there be any sideaffects for the tablets which I am taking?
Asked On : Mon, 5 Jul 2010