I am taking nortrel birth control pills. Is my dr wrong and a quack and I need to go elsewhere ?

Hi, I have PMDD, very extreme, it causes suicidal ideation sometimes(I am NOT a suicidal person). My Dr, prescribed Nortel to stop menstruation i am supposed to take it and not the white placebos at all. I read in some of your repsonses about nortel that it DOES NOT cease your period. what gives ? Is my dr wrong and a quack and I need to go elsewhere ? I can t live this way monthly. you have 2 weeks of a month where you are normal and gearing up for the next hell cycle, the quality of life is not good. It doesn t help that my uterus is inverted. tilted which causes extreme back cramping. I have been put into menopause at 34 with a shot for 6 months and it was heaven. I even enjoyed the hot flashes. So, does Nortrel work or am I taking un-needed birth control? I have my tubes tied. thank you
Asked On : Sat, 19 Mar 2011