Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum,
is a seasonal disease where the airways are very sensitive ( allergic ) to the pollen, dust and cold temperature, Bronchodilators are the main stream of treatment , in severe cases steroids
would be the resort.
I am sure the worsening of your cough
is due to smoking
,may not as a immediet effect but the smoke causes free radical damage to the airways and make it more sensitive to the allergens.Due to sensitive airways , recurrent infections in asthma and smoking you are at risk of lung cancer
. Quit smoking you will see difference but surely it will take time.
I can present you some home remedies
which work well :
1. Take a steam inhalation of eucalyptus or lavender essential oils just during an attack and immediately afterwards to ease panic and help open airways. It is very common natural cure for asthma.
2. Mix one tsp fresh ginger juice with a cup of fenugreek decoction and honey. This mixture is very effective home remedy for asthma.
3. Make a glass of juice by adding 2/3 glass of carrot juice and 1/3 glass of spinach juice. Take it thrice a day for asthma relief.
4. Make a mixture of 1/4 cup of onion juice, 1 teaspoon honey and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. It gives immediate relief from congestion and alleviate breathlessness.
5. Boil 8-10 cloves of garlic in ÃÂ½ cup of milk and drink it at night. It is beneficial for early stages of asthma.
6. Add 1 tsp of honey in very hot water and sip slowly before sleeping to remove phlegm from the throat. It is also good home remedy for asthma.
7. In 1 cup of water soak 1 tspn of Fenugreek seeds overnight. Strain it and add 1 tspn of Ginger juice and 1 tspn of honey to this solution. Drink it every morning and evening.
8. Mix mustard oil with little camphor and massage
it over the chest. This will loosen up phlegm and help in breathing.
Thanks for visiting heathcaremagic.com
Take care , Bye