I am having acebecial cyst below right jaw

I am having acebecialcyst below right jow . Shall i need it to be opareted?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Mar 2010
  Anonymous's Response

It will depend on the type of cyst and the severity. Show it to your doctor who wil decide what needs to be done after examining it.

ENT Specialist Dr. Hemanth Vamanshankar's  Response
welcome to HCM.
First of all i want to know : are you talking about a Sebaceous cyst? If yes how did u diagnose it as a sebaceous cyst-- did some doctor tell you.
I am asking you this because swellings below the jaw have a variety of different diagnosis and one of the lesser known ones are a sebaceous cyst.

In order to go about it, you have to consult a specialist (an ENT surgeon or general surgeon), who may 1st ask you to get a scan or an FNAC (pass a needle into your swelling and test its contents) to come to a diagnosis.
Most jaw swellings need to get excised as they may tend to grow and give you an un-sighty appearance (cosmetically).
So do consult a specialist on this.
I hope i have helped you with this.