I am diagnosed with ovary cyst. Do you think this can be taken care without surgery ?

Hi, i am diagnosed with ovary cyst (5.8 cms) and my preriod was due on 14 aug. My doc has advised me to wait till 14th Sep after doing a sonogram . If i don t get my period by then, she will put me on OCP. This is what she has suggested. I am nervous after reading about different types of cysts online but my doctor suggested that i don t need any surgery. Do you think this can be taken care without surgery. Pls advise. My height is 5 feet and weight 59.8 Kg. I am also undergoing thyroid treatment as the tSH value came to 5.9 in blood test .
Asked On : Thu, 8 Sep 2011