Hysteroscopy showed open ostia. Advised cervical encirclage during pregnancy. Due to cervical dilation?

I had a diagnostic laparoscopy & a hysteroscopy couple of months ago. And now iam 8 weeks pregnant. Post-hysteroscopy the doc said both my ostia (external & internal) were open & i was advised a cervical encirclage at around 12 weeks of pregnancy. My question is whether this (open ostia)is the result of the cervical dilation done during hysteroscopy. Is there any chance i don t need the cerclage? Can there be a recheck to see if my cervix is fine?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012