Hypothyroidism. Diagnosed with walking pneumonia. Having sore throat, mucous build up in throat, fatigue, joint pains. Suggestions?

First I will note that I have severe hypothyroidism and have so since birth which is the cause of my weak immune system (in other words I barely have one) I am 16 years old. My problem have been going on for a few months, maybe even a year if it s all related. On December 19th I started getting very sick with cold/ flu like symptoms, runny and clogged nose, sinus pressure, coughing, waxy draining ears. This went on through Christmas until about December 28th. That wasn t the worst part. After it was mostly gone I still had blood and mucus build up in my nose and had to constantly clean it with a paper towel. (Now I had just got back to the US from living in Germany for 6 years) On January 9th, it all came back after doing a drive from Maine to our new home in NC. But when it came back it was much much worse and I had to see a doctor. The diagnoses I got was walking pneumonia . They gave me antibiotics, let me know that I had milky white tint of skin in my ear, and sent me on my way. I did get better on the antibiotics. Which was good. My problem now is that I still have serious build up of mucus in my lungs and throat, I keep getting a stinging sore throat in the morning, I m always tired, and I get very very strange and random pains in my gut and my joints. Normally I dismiss such problems, but these pains get serious. I try to convince my parents to let me stay home from school one day just to recover some but after moving schools I had already missed over a month. I see a doctor next week but just in case I want a second opinion. This is a doctor hired by the military and I haven t agreed with any of his opinions so far. Note: We just got 3 new cats in the house that belong to my grandmother BUT, I am positive I am not allergic. I don t get worse when I cuddle, I don t get headaches when I m around them too long, and my sinuses feel alright. I thought it would be good to tell you I guess. My friends think I have mono. I cannot afford to have mono.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013