Hyperthyroid, cervical erosion leading to severe bleeding post menopause, removal of uterus suggested. Other options?

i have hypothyroidism and about one year ago i was told by my doctor that i m in menupause stage after she did some hormone tests and confirmed li to be true . now exactly after one year i started bleeding in similar manner as i used to bleed during regular periods but my doctor told me it is due to cervical erosion and if i donnot stop bleeding she wiil have to remove the uterus i want to is this so serious and if there is any other alternate .kindly guide me.thanks
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jun 2012