How to treat lower back pain persistent for 4 weeks and no improvement with pain killers ?

Hello Doctor, I have been suffering from lower back pain for last 4 weeks. I was told that i am suffering from muscle spasm and need to take rest. I was asked to do some stretchable exercise, physiotherapy and hot showers on the affected area. But till date I have not got any relief. Now I am not able to walk independently and it hurts a lot while walking few steps.I have been prescribed pain killer tablet (1/2 tablet combiflam) with 1 tab Robinax - thrice a day. Please advise. PADMA
Asked On : Sun, 22 Apr 2012