How to reduce my bun level which is 40 and creatinine is 1.0 ?

my bun level is 40 and creatinine is 1.0, how to reduce my bun level
Asked On : Thu, 26 May 2011
Hello and welcome to healthcare forum.
First of all i would like to inform you that you have not mentioned the reference rang for bun of your test result, because it varies from one lab to another.Ideal range for bun is 7-21 mg/dl.
An elevated BUN in the setting of a relatively normal creatinine, which is your case, may reflect a physiological response to a relative decrease of blood flow to the kidney without indicating any true injury to the kidney.
So, in your case you are advised to take plenty of fluids orally to increase blood volume.
Best of luck.