How to increase Hemoglobin level ?

my daughter is 3 year old and her hb is only 7.8 .. she is fussy eater .. and dont take food at all.. wt to do ?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Mar 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Presence of anemia can be the cause for reduced eating habits.. Evaluate for the cause for anemia and appropriate anemia treatment has to started which may include medications.. Discuss with your doctor on this issue.. Include vegetables, fruits and iron rich diet.. All the best...

General & Family Physician Dr. Prahlad S. Patki's  Response
Hi, thanks for this query. Fussy children are frequently seen in clinical practice. Your daughter need to eat well to improve her hemoglobin. Her Pediatrician needs to evaluate her to confirm she is ibe healthy otherwise. If needed, he may prescribe her Iron formulation. Fruits, Dates etc have good amount of Iron and they may be given as supplements to your child. A variety may be brought in the food provided to your daughter.
Liv.52 syrup may be tried to improve appetite . ( half tea spoon twice a day ).
Happy feeding !!!
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.It should be diagnosed whether anemia is due to nutritional deficiency or some other reason.DEWORM your child with 400 mg of syrup albendazole,in the meantime before you consult your pediatrician.If the anemia is due to nutritional deficiency then iron preparations and appetite stimulants along with proper diet will take care of the anemia.Thanks and good luck.