How to encourage kids to eat solid food rather than only drinking milk?
User rating for this question
I have 2 kids 1st kid is 6.5 yrs Old & 2nd Is 3.5 yrs old. Both of where crying to take the food they like to have only milk.
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 25 hours later
Brief Answer: Make mealtime fun and pleasant for them. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic. Picky eating is seen in some children and they demonstrate food avoidance and usually eat only a limited number of foods. These children eat only eat only a selected group of foods and refuse to try new foods. Picky eating is usually a stage that children outgrow, a normal part of childhood development. I suggest you to make mealtime fun and pleasant for them and remove conflicts and battles to feed them forcefully. First try to reduce and restrict the quantity of milk to 500 ml in a day, but in a gradual and slow manner. Don't give any drink or snacks before meal time which will cause satiety and decrease hunger. You should provide opportunities for children to learn to like a variety of nutritious foods by repeatedly exposing them to these foods, overcoming their tendency to reject unfamiliar foods. Encouraging the children to try new foods will lead to greater initiative in trying different foods in a variety of settings. Rewarding the children for trying new foods on their own is a good approach. Give gifts and encourage them positively to try new variety of foods. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.
People also viewed
- Infant drinks milk only once a day recommendations
- My son will only drink milk
- Pins and needles pain in armpit
- Breastfeeding sore spot on areola
- Food to eat amoebiasis for kids
- Why is my formula fed child pass green stools
- Is panadol good arrhythmia
- 7 month old baby drinks only milk
- Up aromatherapy powder ingredients
- Suggest home remedies for free motion everyday
- What could cause high fever for 4-5 days
- Is drinking milk after eating fishadvisable
- Does lactogen intake increase mucus infection in babies
- Smelly white armpit pimple
- Toddler can be given dr brandy for cold and cough