How old do I have to be to get my period ?

I'm 11 yrs old and want my peirod .how old do I have to be ?
Asked On : Tue, 22 Dec 2009
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
the age at which the periods start usually goes after the maternal family. Your menarche will be almost near the age when your sisters and mother got theirs. You cannot prepone or postpone them in any way. So let it be as it is.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
However old you will be when your body is ready to menstruate. There is no certain age. The average age a girl gets her period in the U.S. is 12 and a half, with African American girls typically getting their periods a bit earlier and Caucasian girls getting theirs a bit later.
i was 12 wen i had mine
ur body will be ready wen it needs to be

I want 2 c what getting my period feels like. I want the person who is reading this 2 b a girl and not a boy though.

Anonymous's Response

why do yhu wnt ur period anyway.?