How long it will take to get well after an natural miscarriage ?

I had a natural miscarriage 4 weeks ago, my baby was 16 weeks. I had heavy bleeding since month two. Before i delivered my baby he was alive. I beleive it was placental abruption. this was my 5th pregnancy . I have 4 children alive with no prior related complications. Following miscarriage, I had on/off heavy bleeding. I was in the ER twice. I was told I did not need a D C and the first ER visit no retained tissue. The second US indicated alot of debris? where did this come from if week prior i was told my uterus was clear? After vaginal US I bled out. I passed out was in hypervolmic shcok, BP 70s/30s, I recived 2 bags of blood and over 6 bags of fluids, I had a spinal and recived an emergency D C. I am 33 years old, married one partner my whole life. No previous gynecological issues, very healthy. Why did i bleed out and my body not clot? Where did all blood come from? Did the D C correct the bleeding issue? One hour after surgery my BP was normal and my H H was 29/9 before surgery my H H was 22/7. How will the anemia correct itself now in recovery? How long until my body recovers? DO i need hormones? Did i hemorrhage? The bleeding stopped within 10mins but, I lost so much? Why did this happen? What will happen in the future if I should become pregnant? Now i fear miscarriage and hemhorrage?Thank You
Asked On : Tue, 9 Nov 2010