How effective are the "Next Choice" emergency contraceptive pills after ovulation ?

How effective are the "Next Choice" emergency contraceptive pills after ovulation? How effective are the Next Choice emergency contraceptive pills after ovulation? I had unprotected sex multiple times over two days at the beginning of my fertile period . I had not realized this. A baby would not be a terrible addition to life, however it would be our first, and I have tons of worries. According to my tracking, I should have ovulated today, and in a moment of selfish terror, I took the first pill in the packet. From what information I ve been able to gather, my timing would make the pills less effective, giving me a higher chance of being pregnant. The information page that comes with the pills says: It is possible that Next Choice may also work by preventing fertilization of an egg (the uniting of sperm with the egg) or by preventing attachment (implantation) to the uterus (womb). So does this mean the distributors are unsure of it s effectiveness after ovulation has already occurred? The words possible and may give me this impression. Now that I ve taken the pills, a part of me feels guilty. I realize this isn t a once in a lifetime opportunity, and that if I can get past my mental blocks, we can try next month. But I still wonder if buying a pregnancy test in a week or two wouldn t be pointless.
Asked On : Tue, 1 Mar 2011